Who are we
We are not professional cooks, but we love food. In our day jobs we are two IT professionals. So we decided to setup this venture that allows us to use our skills and passion for food.
What are we aspiring to do
Our plans are big – we are aspiring to build the biggest food related website.
What do we we mean by the biggest food website
It is actually very simple:
- We want to have the most food related content – this includes recipes, information about ingredients and nutrition facts, information about cooking schools, food festivals and information about places to eat.
- We want to have the biggest and most engaged community to keep the website alive – we plan to build community that keeps the website alive. By engaged community we mean visitors that use the information published, but also contribute and publish their recipes, cooking pictures and food related tips and tricks.
- We plan to create the website in 10 most wide spread languages so that we remove the language barrier for the food community.
What is our approach
We have build an initial roadmap (which will change for sure). But as of today it looks like this:
- Crawl the internet and collect and put as many recipes as possible under one roof.
- Start using social media to build our community
- Expand the content categories as laid out in our aspiration
- Start breaking down the language barrier and publish content in different languages – we have selected Spanish as the first one.
Where is the name RecipesFun coming from?
The name was born after Sunday afternoon tea discussion. It is basically combination of two things:
- Collating all recipes is point 1 in our roadmap
- We would like to have a lot of fun while building this project