Cooking time 10 min + 1 h in the oven
- 600 g roast turkey
- 4 slices smoked bacon
- 4 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoon soup of cranberries (jar)
- instant binder for sauces
- 1.5 dl of red wine
- 1.5 dl of chicken broth (1/2 cube dissolved in 1.5 dl of very hot water)
- 1 bay leaf
- 0.5 centilitres. dried thyme
- salt and pepper
Nutrition: per serving
- fat10.9 g
- carbs17.7 g
- protein36.5 g
How to prepare turkey roast with cranberries recipe
Find out everything you need to know about turkey roast with cranberries recipe – Ingredients, preparation steps, required time and off course the best beverage that goes with it.
Chop the onion. Cut 2 slices of bacon into pieces. Cut the carrots into thin sticks.
1. Preheat the oven to 250 ° C.
2. Put the roast turkey in a baking dish, salt, pepper and garnish with 1 tbsp. tablespoon butter in hazelnuts. Brown the meat for 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
3. Meanwhile, melt 1 tbsp. butter in a saucepan and sauté the chopped onion until translucent. Add the pieces of bacon.
4. Incorporate carrot sticks, thyme and bay leaf. Moisten with the red wine and broth, while mixing, then add the cranberries cooked.
5. Lower the oven temperature to 190 ° C. Cover the meat with the remaining bacon slices and add the cranberry sauce. Prolong the cooking for 45 minutes.
6. Remove the roast from the dish and remove the bacon slices. Thicken the sauce with instant binder.
Beer Liefmans Kriek Cuvée Brut not Wine Monferrato DOC – Dolcetto
Castello del Poggio – Piemonte – Italy