Cooking time 10 minutes
- 6 slices of Parma ham (very thin slices)
- 20 small shrimps of sea water in shell (scampi, frozen)
- 4 sprigs of flat parsley
- 1 burst of garlic
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 dl light cream
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
Nutrition: per serving
- fat21.5 g
- carbs5.2 g
- protein20.8 g
How to prepare italian scampi recipe
Quick recipe and guide on italian scampi recipe – Ingredients, preparation steps, required time and off course the best beverage that goes with it.
Decorate the scampis (for your convenience, immerse them for 2 minutes in very hot water) and remove the brown cord, which gives bitterness. Pat them. Cut the ham into 20 strips and wrap each scampi in 1 strip. Chop the leaves of flat parsley. Crush the garlic.
1. Melt the butter in a frying pan and sauté the scampi 1 min. Turn them.
2. Add the crushed garlic, pepper (do not salt, the ham is salty enough) and extend the cooking for 1 min.
3. Reserve the hot scampi out of the pan.
4. Deglaze the pan with 1 tbsp. water and detach the cooking juices with a wooden spoon.
5. Pour the light cream and tomato paste into the pan. Mix and reduce to a tied sauce.
6. Warm up the scampis 1 min. Add chopped parsley and mix well.
Beer Boon gueuze old fashioned not Wine Vermentino di Sardegna DOC
Giunco Piccolo – Mesa – Sardegna – Italy