Cooking time 15 min + 30 min of cooking + 20 min
- 12 chicken drumsticks (frozen) (or 4 chicken legs)
- 2 slices of smoked ham
- 2 chicory
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 2 dl cream
- 2 slices bread
- 2 tablespoon mustard
- 4 tablespoon flour
- 33 centilitres Maredsous Blonde abbey beer (or other blond abbey beer)
- 2 sprigs of dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
Nutrition: per serving
- fat62.1 g
- carbs23.8 g
- protein46.1 g
How to prepare chicken and chicory stew recipe
Tested and delicious recipe for chicken and chicory stew recipe. Try it and we guarantee you will enjoy it.
Superficially thaw the drumsticks or chicken legs and put them in the flour. Remove the hard core of the chicory. Cut the chicory and smoked ham into strips.
The day before (15 min + 30 min of cooking)
1. Melt 2 tbsp. butter in a pan and brown the drumsticks or chicken legs on all sides. Add salt and pepper. Reserve off the pan.
2. Melt 2 tbsp. butter in the pan and fry the chicory and smoked ham for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly. Spice up thyme, bay leaves, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
3. Pour half of the beer into the mixture and bring to the boil.
4. Transfer the fried chicory into a saucepan and place the pieces of chicken on top. Spread the slices of mustard bread and place them on the chicken. Wet with the rest of the beer.
5. Simmer covered for ± 30 min. Halfway through cooking, stir gently. Book in the fridge.
At the same moment (20 min)
6. Remove the solidified fat from the surface of the pan and heat the mixture for 15 minutes over low heat.
7. Remove the chicken pieces from the pan and stir in the crème fraîche. Reduce for a few minutes on high heat.
Beer Maredsous Blonde not Wine Vermentino di Sardegna DOC – Giunco Piccolo – Mesa
Sardegna – Italy