Cooking time 30 min
- 4 pheasant fillets
- 50 g of oyster mushrooms
- 2 young onions
- 1 untreated lemon (organic)
- 3 branches of chervil
- 3 fresh parsley branches
- 3 fresh tarragon branches
- 1 shallot
- 100 g mushrooms dried wood
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 200 g pre-cooked wheat kernels
- 2 dl Postel Double (abbey beer)
- 1 dl white wine
- 7 dl chicken stock (jar)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
Nutrition: per serving
- fat23.2 g
- carbs43.7 g
- protein37.6 g
How to prepare pheasant, wheat risotto with wild mushrooms recipe
Tested and delicious recipe for pheasant, wheat risotto with wild mushrooms recipe. Try it and we guarantee you will enjoy it.
Soak mushrooms in dried wood for at least 30 minutes in hot water. Rinse them gently under cold water and reserve the soaking water. Cut the mushrooms into small pieces. Pour the soaking water into a bowl through a coffee filter to retain the sand. Chop the shallot. Grate the zest of the lemon. Cut the young onions and chop the fresh herbs.
1. Preheat the oven to 160 ° C.
2. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and cook the chopped shallot until it is translucent.
3. Add the grains of wheat, 3 dl of chicken stock and the white wine. Simmer for ± 20 min over low heat. Gradually add 2 dl of chicken stock.
4. In the meantime, melt the butter in a frying pan and brown the pheasant fillets on both sides (the meat may be pink). Salt, pepper and arrange the fillets in a baking dish. Put in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
5. Discard excess cooking fat from the pan and deglaze it with the beer. Detach the cooking juices and add 2 dl of chicken stock. Season with salt and pepper and reduce to desired consistency.
6. Heat the olive oil in a pan and sear the oyster mushrooms on high heat. Incorporate young onions, salt and pepper. Continue cooking over low heat.
7. Meanwhile, pour the mushroom soaking juice into the wheat risotto. Mix in the mushrooms and herbs. Top with lemon zest, salt and pepper. Add the oyster mushrooms.
Beer Postel Double