Cooking time 25 min
- 4 hare loin fillets (frozen)
- 600 g Brussels sprouts
- 800 g sweet potatoes
- 2 pieces of garlic
- 1 shallot
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 dl of cream
- 10 walnuts
- 2 dl of Postel Double (abbey beer)
- 1 slice of cinnamon knife
- salt and pepper
Nutrition: per serving
- fat27.8 g
- carbs32.7 g
- protein37.2 g
How to prepare saddle of hare and chiffonnade of Brussels sprouts recipe
Tested and delicious recipe for saddle of hare and chiffonnade of brussels sprouts recipe. Try it and we guarantee you will enjoy it.
Superficially thaw hare fillets. Cut off the Brussels sprouts and loosen the leaves. Bring lightly salted water to the boil and immerse the leaves for 1 min. Drain and pass under cold water. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into equal pieces. Roughly chop the nuts. Chop the shallot and coarsely chop the garlic chips.
1. Cook the sweet potatoes in slightly salted boiling water with the garlic. Drain and puree. Spice with nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
2. Melt 1 tbsp. butter in a pan and brown the fillets on all sides. Season with salt and pepper and continue cooking for 5 minutes (the inside of the fillets may be pink).
3. Melt 2 tbsp. butter in a large saucepan and cook the chopped shallot until translucent. Add the Brussels sprouts and chopped walnuts, and briefly sauté (max 2 min). Spice with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
4. Reserve the fillets from the pan, under a sheet of aluminum. Deglaze the pan with the beer. Add the cream, salt and pepper, and reduce for a few moments until the desired consistency.
Beer Kasteelbier Brune
Special beer not Wine Gevrey-Chambertin PDO «Justice»